Tips to Finding Senior Care and Housing that Fits.
It’s human nature to take the time to find the right fit. You don’t just try on one pair of jeans, test drive one car or tour just one house; you tirelessly explore all your options until you find the one. Why would you do anything less? It’s hard to truly enjoy something or to be comfortable when it doesn’t quite suit you.
So why then, do people so often put off thinking about something as important as senior care and housing until a crisis happens? Perhaps they don’t know where to start. Perhaps it makes aging seem more real. Or, perhaps that old stereotype of ‘the home’ scares you off.
Regardless, there are many benefits to taking the time to plan and taking control of the future you or your loved one deserve. It’s simple, do the due diligence now and you’ll reap the many rewards of senior living later. And who knows, you may find yourself asking why didn’t I do this sooner?
It’s time for a new perspective on senior living as ‘the home’ of yesterday is no more. Now older adults have a continuum of senior care and housing options designed to help you age successfully.
- Independent Living – a lifestyle choice for older adults who require little daily assistance, but seek a vibrant social community free of the hassles of chores and home upkeep.
- Assisted Living – a lifestyle that provides housing, personalized care and support with activities of daily living to help you remain independent and enjoy an engaging, purposeful life.
- Memory Care – specifically designed care to nurture and support those with Alzheimer’s and dementia with 24-hour supervision, structured activities and a secure, calming environment that’s easy to navigate.
- Skilled Nursing – for older adults who require 24-hour supervised care with a licensed physician or nurse, as well as physical, speech and occupational therapists onsite.
- Hospice – Combines pain control, symptom management and emotional and spiritual support for terminally ill individuals and supports the family as well with assistance available around the clock.
Where to Start