Choosing a senior living community that is both safe and supportive as well as welcoming and vibrant is probably high on your list for yourself, or for a loved one. You want to find the right community that has everything in place to help keep residents as happy and healthy as possible.
That’s what makes a senior living community like New Perspective such an excellent choice—in our communities, senior living safety runs through everything we do.
Senior living safety features that help protect residents, team members, and visitors:
- Monitoring of residents’ wellbeing. In an assisted living community, you have the benefit of a team of professionals dedicated to your wellness. Team members get to know you and can notice changes, such as a change in appetite or energy level, or even a change of mood. Things that you might not pick up on your own, especially if you were living alone at home or with little contact with others. But surrounded by a caring, attentive staff, as well as fellow residents who become your friends, you are boosted by the knowledge that care is always there.
- Surroundings designed to keep you safe. Knowing you can confidently go about your day in an environment that’s been built and arranged with a focus on senior living safety is a major benefit. Features can include wider hallways, walk-in showers, ramps and elevators, and accessible door handles and light switches. Not only do these details make getting about easier, they also serve to help reduce the risk of falls, so important when you consider that according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, (CDC) each year, more than one out of four older people falls and three million older adults are treated in emergency departments for fall injuries.
- Enhanced cleaning, disinfection, and protection. At New Perspective, our approach to senior living safety includes a strong emphasis on the latest advances in sanitation. You will find hand sanitizing stations at entrances and throughout the building. In addition, our team stays on the go making sure surfaces that are touched often are also cleaned often with a natural disinfectant that kills both COVID-19 and Norovirus and eliminates allergens. Senior living communities have always gone to great lengths to keep surfaces germ-tree, and now new technology such as electrostatic equipment and enhanced HVAC systems is providing even greater levels of protection. In addition, New Perspective follows masking and personal protection equipment (PPE) guidelines set by the CDC.
- Emergency Preparedness Plans. Natural disasters such as floods, tornadoes, earthquakes and more happen fast and often without warning. Senior living communities follow guidelines established by local, state, and federal agencies to have a comprehensive plan in place for keeping residents safe and communicating with families. In fact, from the minute an independent living, assisted living, or memory care community is first on the drawing board, it must follow rigorous design and safety standards addressing senior living safety issues. And just as important, in a community such as New Perspective, trained staff members know what to do in the case of an emergency.
- Service-oriented, worry-free lifestyle. Having someone else take on daily chores and upkeep not only feels good, it’s a big part of senior living safety. You no longer have to walk down stairs with a basket of laundry. Navigate a narrow crawl space. Try to clear snow and ice from the sidewalk or get leaves out of the gutters. A senior living community takes on the obligations of everyday life so you can live your life on purpose and make a fresh start.
- Opportunities to stay active and strong. Having more free time plus a wide array of activities and events to choose from helps protect you from the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle—such as loss of muscle mass, a weakened immune system, more inflammation and a greater risk of falls. This is what makes New Perspective Senior Living such an exceptional choice. With our on-site therapy gyms and physical/occupational therapy services, numerous daily activities, group exercise options, and a community of like-minded people, you will feel encouraged to continue to achieve your personal goals.